The bikes of our childhood got a new look and come back in an electric version in our cities, our roads, our sidewalks, and our cycle tracks: it is the electric bike. What happens in the event of an accident?
More and more electric bikes but also more and more electric scooters.
If you suffered injuries on an electric bike, then you may be eligible to file a lawsuit against the electric scooter company. You might also be eligible for a class action. There are currently multiple class action lawsuits pending against scooter companies, including Bird Rides, Lime Bike, Skip or Spin. An e-scooter accident lawyer can help you explore your options.
What You Need to Know About the e-Scooter Class Action Lawsuit
There are several cases that could arise:
- The pedestrian victim hit by a scooter
This is the simplest case since the scooter driver without motor is also considered as a pedestrian. As you can see, when it comes to the scooter driver without a motor, even if he is considered to be a pedestrian, he remains at fault and the pedestrian victim who has been knocked down will have to be compensated for all his injuries. Compensation to the victim pedestrian will be done through the liability insurance of the scooter driver without an engine.
- Pedestrian struck by an electric scooter (homologated and not homologated)
- The driver of a scooter hit by a motor vehicle
- Case of a motor vehicle crashing into an electric scooter driver
- The driver of a scooter hit by a pedestrian
- A pedestrian who hits an electric scooter
- The driver of the electric scooter must also wear a helmet and above all to be insured (more and more insurance vehicles offer specific insurance for new means of transport).
Scooter companies, such as Bird and Lime, are currently facing personal injury and class action lawsuits. Many of the plaintiffs in these cases have the following similar complaints:
- -The defendants contributed to injuries suffered by multiple plaintiffs.
- -The defendants were negligent in dumping scooters along public streets without notice or authorization.
- -The defendants failed to take action to eliminate the hazards and risks they imposed on the public.
- -Bird’s and Lime’s safety instructions did not satisfy reasonable safety standards.
- -Bird and Lime breached their warranties, thereby, building scooters that are not suitable for repeated public use.
If you have suffered injuries from an e-scooter and you are seeking compensation for your losses, you may be entitled to the following damages:
- Hospital bills or other medical expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional turmoil
- Lost pay or future earning capacity
- Pain medication and other prescriptions
- Long-term disability, rehabilitation, or additional future medical costs
- Loss of consortium
What you can claim depends on the circumstances of your accident, your total losses, and if you can establish that an e-scooter company is responsible for your injuries. Our lawyers can help you establish liability and case value to get you the compensation you deserve.