There aren’t two identical car auto accidents. So with each and every car crash claim, there are certain things your lawyer will need to know in order to determine if you have a case, the potential value and what evidence will be required to build a solid case.
If you (or your loved one) were in a car crash or auto accident, make sure to contact us today so we could discuss your legal options and assist you.
Car Crash Claims – Questions for the victim
There are many questions your lawyer could ask you, relating to your car crash. But the most important ones, that get asked even before you officially hire a personal injury lawyer are:
- Who caused the accident? Was the accident caused by another diver?
- Is the other driver the only one to blame or you are also partially to blame?
- After the accident, have you been to the hospital or seen a doctor so he/she could examine you?
- What is your prognosis?
- Did you take photos of the scene and took statements from others at the crash scene?
- Did you also collect the contact information from witnesses?
- What were you doing when the car crash happened?
- After the auto accident, what medical treatment did you need?
- Were you in contact with your insurance company? What did they say?
- Have you gotten a settlement offer from the insurance company?
- Did you get a copy of the police report? Does it indicate who is at fault? Are there any citations issued?
Why are these questions important?
Lawyers can’t know upfront whether your car crash claim will be successful or not. But, it’s important for the attorneys to determine what are their odds of being successful with your case. If your lawyer doesn’t think that you have a solid enough case, then you probably won’t be able to recover the compensation that you’re owed.
With car crash claims, it’s important for your lawyer to know who caused the crash and how can they prove it. Sometimes, they can even visit the scene in order to determine if there is a case to pursue. Based on the debris found on the site, photos of the damaged vehicle and your account of the events, can help an auto accident lawyer to determine the cause of the accident, which can be:
- Distracted driving
- Traffic rule (such as right-of-way) violations
- Running a red light
- Driving under the influence and so on
Another thing that is really important for your attorney, is the severity of your injuries. If your injuries will take a long time to heal, or they will reach a point when they will no longer heal, you are looking at having extensive medical bills. When that happens, car crash victims are having a hard time obtaining compensation on their own, which is why it’s good to have an experienced attorney to handle your car crash claim for you.
Even if you don’t have your medical records, you can rely on what your doctor told you and what you experience every day after the crash.
It’s important to provide your attorney as much information as you can so he could evaluate your car crash claim as thoroughly as possible. Your lawyer is here to support you and make sure that you receive the maximum compensation possible. So if you or your loved one were in a car crash, make sure that you contact Shenk Podolsky and schedule a consultation.