Liability Car Insurance Arizona
The state of Arizona has a unique condition regarding the legal requirements. The driver must have financial responsibility for damages that may occur during the accident. One of two forms needed is proof of liability insurance or Certificate of deposit of $40,000 assigned to the Office of the Arizona State Treasurer. This proof is required as you became the citizen of Arizona.
Arizona residency is determined by the following:
- Working in the state of Arizona
- Being in Arizona for at least 7 months in one calendar year
- Registering to vote in Arizona
- Owning a business in Arizona with in-state vehicle
- Paying in-state tuition for yourself or your children
Optional types of coverage can save you money, in addition to liability insurance. Arizona car insurance to provide this offer!
Proof of Financial Responsibility
In the state of Arizona, you must prove your financial responsibility, meaning you must have money covering the possibility of an accident. If you are caught driving without proof of car insurance, you can get a minimum $500 fine and license/registration suspension for three months. Subsequent violations may result in I higher penalties.
You must carry liability insurance to prove your financial responsibility through auto insurance.
Liability insurance helps you pay for damage to others (Property and injuries )in an accident for which you are found at fault.
Liability Coverage in Arizona:
- Bodily injury coverage:
o $15,000 per person.
o $30,000 total per accident.
- Property damage coverage:
o $10,000 per accident.
If you determine that you need great auto insurance, you can increase your limits and add optional coverage.
Self-Funded Insurance option
You can assign deposit (CD) account to the Office of the Arizona State Treasurer, opt out your insurance by keeping $40,000 in a certificate of that deposit you can get more information by contacting the Arizona State Treasurer’s office at (602) 542-7800.
Optional Car Insurance in Arizona
Insurance agents can offer you a variety of optional insurance coverage types that provide further protection:
Common types include:
- Fee for Damages to your vehicle that you cause-collision coverage
- Fee for Damages to your car caused by external factors like theft, whether or wildlife- comprehensive coverage
- Fee for Damages or injury caused by drivers without auto insurance, or whose insurance limits do not cover your costs – Uninsured & underinsured motorist coverage.
- Additional coverage to pay medical expenses- Medical payments coverage
- Additional fee if you need to rent a car after an accident- Rental reimbursement coverage
- Pays for repairs and replacements to your windshield and other glass- Full glass coverage
- Collision Coverage and comprehensive coverage may be required if you are leasing or financing your car!
Arizona proof of Insurance:
- Your car is registered in Arizona.
- A police officer stops you.
- You are involved in a car accident.
Accepted forms of proof of insurance:
- Auto insurance policy copy
- An image of your insurance card on a mobile device
- An insurance card from your Arizona car insurance company.