Personal Injury Frequently Asked Questions



Being in town means we can provide our clients with extensive legal knowledge in personal one-on-one atmospheres. The client always comes first with our personal injury attorneys. Let us help determine the next steps for you and your family.

If you were involved in a car accident you should:
Go to a safe place – It’s not safe to stand or linger on the road after a car accident. If you can, pull your car off the road. If you can’t, turn on the emergency flashing light, remain in your car or get off the road
Call 911 – After a car accident, you need to have trained police officers to investigate the crash site and to assess the situation. Also, having a police report of the crash could help your case if you decide to file a claim for compensation
Get medical attention – When you call 911, the emergency services will also rush to the crash site to examine you and provide you with medical attention if necessary. You might feel good, but there could be some underlying injuries that you’re not yet aware off. So get a medical exam as a precaution to check for whiplash, brain injury etc.
Contact an experienced personal injury lawyer – You need to be aware of your rights and file a claim for compensation if you’re eligible. Navigating the entire process can be complicated and time-consuming. So, make sure that you contact a personal injury lawyer to represent you.

Yes, you should definitely take photos if you can. Photos and digital evidence of the sustained damage can really benefit your claim against the insurance company, in the event that they refuse to acknowledge your injuries and damages. The personal injury lawyer will use the photos to show the severity of the damages and how severe were your injuries. Photos can sometimes make a huge difference between a reasonable settlement or litigation. So use them to your benefit as much as possible.

There are a several things that you shouldn’t do in the event that you get into a car accident:
Calling the police and emergency services – Both the police and medical services will create records and reports of the accident and the injuries sustained. Both of these reports can be useful in your claim for compensation against the negligent driver.
Giving recorded statements – Often enough, car accident victims are contacted by insurance companies where they want to collect additional information on the accident and injuries sustained. Keep in mind that you’re on opposite sides – you want to receive a fair compensation and the insurance company wants to pay out as little as possible. So make sure that you avoid giving recorded statements or signing anything that the insurance company gives you. Instead, you should direct them to speak with your personal injury lawyer.
Waiting too long – There is a certain period of time in which you can take legal action and sue for personal injuries. This window is known as “statute of limitation”. In Arizona, the statute of limitation for a car accident is two years. Which means that in that time (from the day the accident happened) you can file a personal injury lawsuit or claim.

Sometimes you don’t know who caused the car accident because the negligent driver drove away. In cases of hit-and-run accident, you might be eligible to receive compensation under the underinsured/uninsured motorist policies. To see if you’re eligible for this type of compensation, contact our personal injury lawyers.

In many states, insurance companies offer uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage. With this, you will be covered in case the negligent party isn’t insured at all or the insurance is not sufficient. This type of coverage means that your damages will be covered by your own insurance carrier, and not the insurance of the negligent party.

If you’re entitled to receive compensation for injuries sustained in the car accident, the compensation will most likely include no-fault medical benefits, lost wages, property damage, future medical costs and pain and suffering. Filing a claim can be a tedious and complicated process, especially if you don’t have any knowledge or experience in the matter. This is why we highly recommend that you have a personal injury lawyer who will not only assist you in filing a claim, but it will also communicate with insurance companies on your behalf, represent your best interests and make sure that you receive the compensation that you’re owed.

Sometimes, yes. If there is a possibility, then this is a case of comparative negligence, where you are entitled to recover some of the damages that you sustained. The difficult part of these types of cases is determining the amount of negligence of both parties, to see who is more at fault. Quite often, these cases end up in trial, where a jury decides who is more to blame.


We will answer questions about your case and will even make home or hospital visits anywhere in the Phoenix Metro area. Please give us as much detail as you can and a staff memeber will get back to you within 24 business hours.