Car Accident Lawyers Mesa
Mesa, AZ Car accident law Firm
In the United States, thousands of people get injured in motor vehicle crashes every year. The result of car accidents can result in severe injuries, impaired quality of life, and other economic impacts – pays out hundreds of billions of dollars each year.
Experience in handling car accident claims is something that almost every personal injury law firm has. Schenk Podolsky is no exception. Over the years, we have successfully handled various car accident cases, represented both injured drivers and passengers in different car accident scenarios.
Being involved in a car accident can seriously impact your life, both physically, emotionally, and, of course, financially. Without an experienced car accident lawyer in Mesa, your life after an accident can drastically change.
Have you been involved in a serious car accident?
It’s critical to seek out the services of a professional attorney immediately. Contact us today!
East Valley Car Accident laywers
The Impact of Car Accidents
When you get injured in a car accident, you might not be able to work, which means you can expect some lost wages. On top of that, you also need to consider the medical expenses and property damages you’ve suffered. All this, on top of your already incredibly vulnerable financial situation, can cause additional stress.
What should you do if you’re in a car accident?
If you’re involved in a car accident in Mesa or the surrounding area, you should follow these steps:
While at the scene:
- You should exchange insurance information with the other driver (name, address, license plate number, telephone number). Not doing so is considered a hit-and-run and can result in severe penalties, no matter if you’re not the one at fault.
- Call the police
- If you or anyone else was injured in the accident, call 911
- If there were any witnesses, make sure that you get their contact information. Witness statements can play a massive role in supporting your case
- Make sure that you document the scene. This includes the diagramming the accident, taking photos of the damages on your car, on the other vehicle, your injuries, and the conditions on the road. This can also help your car accident lawyer strengthen your case.
- Do not discuss the accident with the other driver. Do not admit fault to ANYONE (sometimes even an apology can be considered an admission of responsibility), do not represent your injuries less severe than they really are.
While at the scene:
- Seek medical attention, even if you feel fine. There might be some underlying problems that you’re not aware of. Many car accident injuries take time to manifest, and with being in shock from the accident, you may not notice them right away. The longer the gap between diagnosing and treatment, the worse the injuries can get. Not to mention that getting compensation will be harder, as well.
- It is likely set out in your insurance contract that you should report a car accident to your own insurance company promptly. Make sure you do so.
- When you speak to your insurance company, make sure that your statement is not recorded by the insurance adjuster. In the first few days after the accident, you can still feel emotional so avoid giving any kind of statements to your insurance.
- Many insurance companies will offer you to sign an authorization to release ANY type of paperwork provided by the other driver’s insurance company. Don’t agree to this!
- Contact Schenk Podolsky and consult with our personal injury attorneys
Injured in a motor vehicle accident? Contact our Mesa accident attorneys.
If your car accident was a mere fender-bender and there were no injuries, you won’t need to hire a car accident attorney. These are considered minor accidents which can be resolved through your and the other driver’s insurance company.
However, if you sustained injuries, then we highly recommend that you hire a personal injury lawyer. The injuries don’t need to be severe or life-threatening. Some injuries that seem minor today might turn out to be a bigger problem later on.
Consulting with a personal injury lawyer, in either case, can’t hurt. You can learn more about your legal options and how best to proceed. Once you have decided to hire a personal injury lawyer, make sure that you do so sooner rather than later. Evidence may need to be preserved, witness statements collected and contact with the insurance company limited. The longer you wait to hire a car accident attorney the more difficult your case can become.
WHAT KIND OF DAMAGES ARE AVAILABLE FROM CAR ACCIDENT CLAIMS?
Depending on the severity of the injuries sustained in a car accident, your life can change drastically. Both the injuries and property damages can hinder your ability to move forward. If your vehicle isdamaged, you can fix it or replace it. But fixing injuries sustained in a car accident might not always be that simple.
Those that have been injured in a car accident could be eligible for financial compensation if the other party is found liable. To prevail in a personal injury claim, you first need to show that the other driver was at fault for the accident. The second step is to prove your damages.
The most common damages in car accidents include:
- Lost wages or income if your injuries prevent you from working
- Medical bills which can include a visit to the emergency room, surgery, and hospital costs
- Rehabilitation and physical therapy
- Medication or medical devices
- Pain and suffering
- Counseling services
What are the most common causes of car accidents?
Some of the most common causes of car accidents in the valley are:
- Distracted driving
- Texting while driving
- Driving under the influence (alcohol or drugs)
- Traffic law violations
Why hire a car accident attorney from Schenk Podolsky?
Personal injury law and car accident claims can be complicated. You have a certain amount of time to file a claim. Doing so while not being familiar with the process can be challenging. By trusting our attorneys, you can rest assured that the complete claim will be filed on time and that you don’t have to worry about any other paperwork.
Our experienced car accident attorneys at Schenk Podolsky can help you with:
- Collecting, reviewing, and evaluating evidence
- Evaluating the police report, statements from witnesses and interviewing them
- Assessing your medical records and deposing physicians
- Communicating with your insurance company on your behalf
- If necessary, preparing your car accident case for trial.
Area of practice
Being in town means we can provide our clients with extensive legal knowledge in personal one-on-one atmospheres. The client always comes first with our personal injury attorneys. Let us help determine the next steps for you and your family.
4140 E Baseline Rd, Suite 101
Mesa, AZ 85206-4677